ART MEETS FASHION AT UZURII
For the Spring/Summer collection of 2017 designer Shieglee Ferreire dos Santos was inspired by her Brazilian roots in the Amazon. Apart from the colorful and feminine collection a special and close collaboration evolved between Ferreire and artist Richard Kuiper, who was able to translate the Amazon in a creative way.
The Uzurii Luxury Footwear designs are a piece of art by themselves, but artist Kuiper was able to give these designs a unique interpretation. In collaboration with Master patissier Jeroen Goossens created four different versions of the Amazon of the amazon out of sugar alone. The works of art have been used as the base for the brand images for 2017 and is presented during the Uzurii Fashion Event in the A’DAM tower on the 20th of September in Amsterdam.
THE MAKING OF:
1. From huge foam blocks Mr. Kuiper cutted out beautiful pieces of art. From trees, flowers till waterfalls.
2. Afther finishing the foam blocks they were placed in a square box. This formed the base of the eventual art.
3. The foam blocks were sprayed with a kind of paint to harden the material.
4. After the paint job, Master Patissier Jeroen Goossens, turned the artwork into a real experience with a real sugar coating.
5. After finishing the project a photographer made beautiful photos of the artwork, turning it into a painting.